Friday, October 30, 2009

Newly Wed (Nathan)

Being young and in love was a dream come true. I think I have mentioned before that this was what I always wanted, to have and to hold, through all the crap and good times. I'm not one to bail on hard times, I will stick it out. I don't have a bunch of friends, but those who are, will testify that I am quite loyal. To my wife I am a trillion times more loyal. And after the honeymoon, there were hard times. I don't know what will define the "hard" times from the easy ones but there were both. I remember the simple things like me telling Gloria that I knew how to make food and we both made food different. We actually disagreed on how to make vegetable soup. Lol. Those days were simple. They also came with some hard times as well. We disagreed on how long we should wait to have children. Gloria had many good reasons for wanting to start early. I on the other hand wanted to wait because I thought we had time. Now I am glad we started early; instead of starting now. Frustrating but true.
I wanted to give my young bride everything: stability, friendship, eternal love, money. To this day the money has still eluded me. I sometimes feel like a failure for not being able to fully support Gloria financially. I wish if we had to she wouldn't have to work, but it's tight, no spare for emergencies.
Giving Gloria everything else came very naturally, and I've always done my best. I've even heard some of Gloria's friends tell her that they would like me to do lessons for other guys. That's funny because I'm not trying to be different or make others mad or jealous, I'm just doing what comes natural.
Those natural instincts have grown and I'm glad I have them. During the times and the procedures that we have gone through, I know being a donkey about things would have brought our relationship nowhere. I know Gloria has really done all the hard work as far as going through the medical "hell" and recovery. I'm the guy that sits and waits, not really knowing what I'm supposed to do and feeling more useless than ever. But when she always comes to, I will do anything. I will run around the world for what ever it is she needs. Still to this day I will do anything for her.

That's enough for now, I'm tired and there is still more hours in the day to go. I'm frustrated and I'm bushed. :) More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment